Got this recipe from an American Girl recipe book! It’s a rather soft, fudg-y cookie. Very tasty. We used freshly ground whole wheat flour, and brown sugar instead of granulated. The cookies are also known as “Chocolate Crinkle Cookies”; both names reflect the crackly tops of these cookies.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift powdered sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, gently beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add 1 egg, beat in, add the other egg and vanilla, beat in.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, mix until blended.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into little balls, roll balls in the powdered sugar and set on cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until cookies are crackled and puffed. Remove from oven and let cool for a little, then remove from cookie sheet onto a rack.
- Let cool completely and enjoy. I liked them A LOT!