This is a tasty main dish from the skillet that can help you deal with leftover meat and vegetables in a delicious way. It also makes for a hearty breakfast.
- 1 tbl fat for the skillet
- 2 cups shredded raw potato
- cooked or smoked meat of your choice
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices of cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a skillet, melt fat in it. Add potatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
Arrange meat on top of potatoes. Beat eggs and pour over top. Cover with cheese slices. Cover and simmer until the eggs are set.
- This recipe is for ready-to-eat meats only. Don’t put, say, raw chicken or ground beef on top of the potatoes and expect it to cook through.
- You can add other vegetables if you wish, like peppers, onion, garlic, zucchini, sauerkraut and the like. If they are raw, add them with the raw potatoes in the beginning. If they are cooked, add them before pouring in the eggs.
- If you have a fairly deep skillet, you might want to flip your German Pizza to help the eggs on the top set, so don’t add the cheese right after you poured in the eggs, but add the cheese after you flipped it back, then cover and continue to simmer until cheese is melted.
- Using cooked or canned potatoes (and other veggies) will make this meal even quicker and easier.