Is the music chosen for your sign your favorite in this collection?
Yes, we are a bit early with this. More properly it should be posted on the Sunday before the vernal equinox (on March 20th), and consequently, the collection starts with Aries. But since we are so used to viewing January 1st as the beginning of a new annual cycle, maybe you can enjoy this little offering at this time of year as well.
Classical Music for Zodiac Signs
01 Aries – Bach: Musicalisches Opfer BWV 1079 Ricercar a 3
02. Taurus – Tchaikovsky: Valzer dei Fiori 05:51
03. Gemini – R. Strauss: Sonata op. 5 Allegro 12:55
04. Cancer – Mahler: Symphony No 1 Titan II Kraftig bewegt doch nicht zu Schnell 20:32
05. Leo – Debussy: Clair De Lune Suite Bergamasque 26:57
06. Virgo – Vivaldi The Four Seasons Concerto No. 2 RV 315 Summer III Presto 32:16
07. Libra – Vivaldi The Four Seasons, Concerto No. 3 in F Major, RV 293″Autumn”: I. Allegro 34:57
08. Scorpio – Strauss II: Der Zigeunerbaron Ouverture 39:59
09. Sagittarius – Beethoven: Battel Piano Sonata No. 21 Op 53 Waldstein I. Allegro con brio 42:15
10. Capricorn – Puccini: Nessun Dorma Pavarotti 53:21
11. Aquarius – Mozart: Die Zauberflote, K. 620, Ouverture 56:26
12. Pisces – Chopin: Fantasia improviso op.66 01:03:40
Believe it or not, people have put up “scary classical music compilations”, and we picked one from a channel we frequently refer to.
So this week, rather than listening to one nice tragic requiem for the occasion, you will hear a snipped from many (refer to list below).
Wishing you all a decently spooky Allhallowtide!
Halloween or Hallowe’en is a celebration observed in a number of countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed.
SCARY DARK CLASSICAL MUSIC
- 00:00 MOZART – Requiem, K. 626: Sequentia. Dies Irae (Harmonia Cantata & Orchestra da Camera Fiorentina cond. by Giuseppe Lanzetta)
- 01:38 PROKOFIEV – Suite No. 1 from Romeo and Juliet, Op. 64bis: No. 6, Death of Tybalt
- 06:07 LITVINOVSKY – Suite for String Orchestra «Le Grand Cahier»: II. Les Alertes (Metamorphose String Orchestra cond. by Pavel Lyubomudrov)
- 08:16 BRAHMS – Tragische Ouvertüre, Op. 81 (Olsztyn Philharmonic Orchestra cond. by Marek Tracz)
- 22:20 MOZART – Requiem, K. 626: Sequentia. Confutatis & Lacrimosa (Harmonia Cantata & Orchestra da Camera Fiorentina cond. by Giuseppe Lanzetta)
- 27:54 CHERUBINI – Marcia Funebre (International Symphonic Orchestra cond. by Silvano Frontalini)
- 34:07 LITVINOVSKY – Suite for String Orchestra «Le Grand Cahier»: X. L’Incendie (Metamorphose String Orchestra cond. by Pavel Lyubomudrov)
- 36:25 MOZART – Masonic Funeral Music in C minor, K. 477 (International Symphonic Orchestra cond. by Silvano Frontalini)
- 42:35 CAGGIANO – La Tomba del Busento (Symphonic Poem) (Slupsk National Orchestra cond. by Silvano Frontalini)
- 57:58 BEETHOVEN – Symphony No. 7 in A Major, Op. 92: II. Allegretto (Orchestra da Camera Fiorentina cond. by Giuseppe Lanzetta)
- 01:06:56 TCHAIKOVSKY – Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71a: No. 2d, Arabian Dance (Donetsk Symphonic Orchestra cond. by Silvano Frontalini)
- 01:10:32 CHOPIN – Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-Flat Minor, Op. 35: III. Marche funèbre
(Giovanni Umberto Battel)
- BOCCHERINI – Sinfonia in D Minor «La Casa del Diavolo» (The Devil’s House)
01:19:58 I. Andante sostenuto – Allegro assai
01:25:28 II. Andantino con moto
01:28:10 III. Andante sostenuto
(I Virtuosi del Teatro alla Scala)
- 01:33:47 MAHLER – Symphony No. 1 in D Major «Titan»: IV. Stürmisch bewegt
(Volgograd Philharmonic Orchestra cond. by Silvano Frontalini)