Love them! They are so easy to make, it’s ridiculous.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Melt butter, pour over oatmeal, mix and let stand until the butter is solid again.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into the dough, egg last.
- Form balls in your hands, place on baking sheet. Leave some space between them, they rise.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes or so on the baking sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Depending on the flour you are using and the size of your egg, the dough might be a bit sticky. Add flour to make it less sticky, or roll balls with wet hands. If the dough is too soft, the cookies might run into each other while baking (like ours did today) and might even turn out a bit crumbly, albeit quite as scrumptious.
You probably won’t have to worry about storing them for any length of time because they usually go fast, but just in case you do, a tin can or a glass jar will do just fine.
2 Replies to “Easy-Peasy Oatmeal Cookies”
LikeLiked by 2 people
We should make them again soon. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person