Danish Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- Granulated sugar for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until combined and fluffy. Then add the salt, vanilla and egg, and beat until combined. Gradually add the flour and mix until the flour is incorporated. The dough will be thick.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Have two baking sheets handy. You can line them with parchment if you prefer.
- Transfer the dough to a decorating bag fitted with a large open star tip. Pipe the dough into 2-inch circles on baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake, one baking sheet at a time, until light golden brown, around 10 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Let the cookies cool for a moment, then transfer them to a cooling rack in a timely fashion.
- Let cool completely before storing.